Saturday, December 13, 2008

I got my macbook back and InteresThink 3

Yeah! I got my macbook back! Well, I had to sent it off because the palm rest was cracked. And the palm rest that I got right now seems to feel more solid than the one I had. The mouse button seems more solid too - harder to press.

Anyway, was at InteresThink 3.

The first guy talked about the mangement of information and how important it is to manage and share information within organisations and between organisations.

The second guy talked about social entrepreneurship and how he combined social work and business in his company.

The third guy is also about social entrepreneurship and how he employs the marginalised too.

The forth lady talked about toilets. Which was kinda cool.

I managed to grab an SPH representative to be there, and dragged quite a bit of USP people there, and saw an interesting exchange between Gabriel and Kelvin.

I miss my buddy Shaun. I wish I could hang around more conversations. The talks were great, and the diversity of life's experience was there for all to see, and as Douglas summed it up, it was about passions and how some of the speakers had a passion for the community, and so worked in that direction. Somehow in the middle of it, I just realised that well, I really don't have a passion for these social issues, as much as I might be interested in them. But it just seems that I don't have the passion that some of these people have even though they are all younger than me.

Maybe I just feel .jaded. Maybe I don't really get social change after all, and I guess that really means that my heart isn't there. My being isn't there. I guess I'm a thinker first and foremost, and I should learn to accept that. Or maybe the 'doing' part just isn't quite there yet. But I'm still quite a sci-tech-centred guy who likes to look at the techie and science part of things, and that is certainly one way I can enter into the conversation of the world.

I realised also a lot of things. That Singapore has quite a diverse blogosphere, and political ones at that. People are talking, and the label of apathy seems less and less justified with each passing generation.

But what does it take to really change? Other than that, met other cool people, and got some contacts, I think. Not sure what to expect. Maybe can add half the audience list on facebook! haha.

blog comments powered by Disqus