Monday, December 22, 2008

birthdays and parties

I was at a friends's birthday party today and it got me thinking about what birthdays parties are about. I guess generally, a birthday party is suppose to be an occasion where the birthday guy shows appreciation and gratitude for all the wonderful things their friends and families have done in his life. And I thought about this again, about why and how I might do mine, since I didn't do a 21st birthday party. And I thought again, why do it at 21? I guess thats really just an excuse since it happens to be the age of adulthood here. 


I dunno. I think I might do one at maybe, 30, perhaps, throw a banquet or something, and invite close friends, and I might do a whole performance thanking people who have been impactful in my life. Maybe even do an entire life story, and then having one big party every ten years thereafter. 

I would want my party to be about something meaningful, not just to be about my own life per se, but about personal values and things of conviction. I would want people to network among my different groups of friends, to help each other out, I guess. I want to connect people with each other... hmm...

just a random thought. 

blog comments powered by Disqus