Saturday, December 27, 2008

while washing bowls...

I like washing bowls sometimes. Not because of the very act in itself, but rather it allows for the time and space for quiet meditation about some other stuff.

Like for example, I now realise that the source of people's entertainment is simply the recognition of our emotions, that there really are just that few themes that drive people to watch something. It really is about justice and love, and how we get there. I mean, what is drama? *drama*, is really, the means of acquiring either love and fairness.

But it is too sweeping a generalisation to think in these simplistic terms.

More reminders for myself. I should begin to write a book about Singapore's future, and to be serious about writing it. I'll write it for the point-of-view of various people and their socio-economic class perhaps, about the future of schools, work, technology, politics, activism and the environment. Some sketches about the regional future and the global future. How people live work, play, love and so on...

I hope it'll be optimism with a dose of reality perhaps... Not sure about everything else. Gotta write it... oh wells..

blog comments powered by Disqus