Thursday, December 18, 2008

the truth is...

The truth is, I haven't been WORKING rather hard. I can imagine that I might live a *slack* life in the future, a calm peaceful life interrupted by an editor pushing me to finish up an article. And still get paid lots. Something like that. So I shrugged off defeating computer enemies n CNC 3 and rebooted my mac in mac os x and started *working* again.

Meanwhile, been struggling with the concept of justice. There are happy coincidences in life. The happy coincidence that relates to the concept of justice is that I was reading Plato's Republic AND watching Dark Knight. It then occurs to me that a lot of our entertainment are actually allegories about justice. Anything that has a good/bad-evil dichotomy can be thought of as an allegory of justice. The other dichotomy that is often explored is, the love-hate thingy.

And I was watching Dark Knight, and there was the Joker as a personification of chaos, destruction, and psychopathic evil, and there's Batman, Bruce Wayne trying to become the personification of justice itself... There was this quote that gnawed at me, about joker saying 'the unstoppable force meeting the unmoveable object' - Batman as the uncorruptible while the Joker as the irredeemable evil.

And then of course, the wonderful techno-orgasm inducing sonar handphones and that kind of power. One of the question is - having all that power, used in the pursuance of justice - is that good or bad?

Just a philosophical afterthought, I guess.

blog comments powered by Disqus