saturday-sunday
Today I learnt to trust God a little more regarding relationships. I hand that part of my life to Him again, knowing that all things will work well in the end.
Not a very productive holiday. many essay ideas, but only two concrete stuff so far. Arrgh. need the atmosphere to work. Home not exactly conducive. And that tempting CNC 3 disk... haha.
Ploughing through Natural Capitalism. Coolios. Wished I had read it sooner. Thinking about the concept of justice. oh wells. Thinking about non-cliched stuff in science to write. Which is damn. freaking. hard! meanwhile, seeing more allegories of justice in movies and popular media.
I guess the media of the entire world is really about looking for, defining, applying justice, or the failure to do so. The moral sense of goodness and evil. Could I summarise social sciences through the perspective of justice alone? What about geography? especially human geography - how might that fit into the larger sense of things? I could break the whole thing down into Political justice, social justice, economic justice, community justice, even? And everything slots into place. How we define what is right and wrong, how systems sort of, trigger people into right and wrong, how urban planning ameliorates or exacerbates social problems.
Another observation:some of the intellectuals today actually take a degree, and then go for another degree, before going on to specialise in something. I need the breadth too. Hmm. My mind refuses to be pigeon-holed into a single category - guess there are really multiple modes of thinking.
Thinking about citizen-scientist, soldier-scientist (if there ever was one), career-scientists, and 'social-scientists' - people who specialise in the social sciences, but we tend to call them specifically, sociologists, economists, political scientists, the like, or simply, 'writer'. What are their roles, and how do these separate identities harmonise or are in conflict?
What is the role of the expert in our time of crowdsourcing?