Tuesday, January 27, 2009

two thoughts of the day

Was going out a bit at Orchard Road, when I saw that there the plans for Orchard Road were being realised. Malls were sprouting out around. And then an ecology analogy hit me: that malls were physical substrates for the fulfillment of the niches of human desires...

And the second thought that makes me wanna do something is the thought about having a bicycle diary around Singapore. All I need is a bike and a good camera to record everything in still images. Because a video record is going to need serious editing...

Because of the first idea, and the biological analogies, I really want to simply blow the academic boundaries apart. That in academic pursuit - there is the application and reapplication of knowledge in different ways.

I want to study ecologies and the chemical flows and how these flows have analogies in the human, social and political worlds.

So where do all these... areas of knowledge fit?

blog comments powered by Disqus