Inauguration! and the first post since moving to PGP!
Been occupied with school and in trying to get settled down to studying again. As in studying damn hard again.
Meanwhile, watched Obama's inauguration on the laptop yesterday! Watched him make his inaugural address... It was all, quite cool! I think that Obama is that once-in-a-lifetime leader with the vision and the oratory abilities to inspire people towards a new vision of themselves and the world.
I wish him well. But seriously, if his presidency faltered as Bush did, well... it would disillusion many people both in America and elsewhere in the world, and perhaps, irredeemably diminish the standing of America in the world.
But that remains to be seen - whether Obama can carry on his vision in both word and deed.
Meanwhile, thinking about Israeli-Palestinina conflict, I started to think about the perspectives of Christians.
To me, it seems there is a compartmentalisation of church and politics, how people think about their relationship with Christ and how that emanates from the individual's spirit to the way he thinks. If the person believes in God, it would be love-centric, right? Then, shouldnt this perception of love also transform the way people think about politics? Of politics as perhaps a distortion of love.
How can we think about Israel's right to exist, with the yearnings of nationhood from the Palestininans? How can we, as Christians, support Israel when... but neither can we support the terrorist, guerilla tactics...?
I thought we were called to love? Both Israelis and Palestininas?
Its more about love... I would think, more than anything else...