It's been a while... as usual
School started, and I'm so thankful that most of the people have been genuinely nice and wonderful, and though I'm such a newb at NUS and everything, there have been people who have been just nice, and introduced to me the nitty gritty details of photostating and stuff like that.
The Global Politics module is easily the harder of the two modules I'm taking, in that, the stuff is something like a quantum leap for me to cross, and it isn't that easy going through the philosophical baggage, at the same time, trying to discuss relevant stuff, because everything seems to make sense but not especially so. So, it hasn't been that easy. I can't bring to bear the entire repertoire of my knowledge on this module, which can be quite frustrating. But there are outlets anyway, and I'm glad anyway. And the profs are nice people too. So, that's that.
On another note, I need to revise plans for my future. Life as an academic might not be that great, but I guess it depends what kind of academic you are talking about. I would prefer to be an academic working on some real-world problem, solving some kind of thing, spotting some kind of trend, rather than stuck in an office and looking at words, ideas and more ideas. Any job that allows me to do that, I think I'll be quite happy and content. but then again, I'm nowhere near that stage, so I can't really say. I would rather be outside, talking to people, sharing ideas - that kind of stuff they do at TED. Oh well.
The Global Politics module is easily the harder of the two modules I'm taking, in that, the stuff is something like a quantum leap for me to cross, and it isn't that easy going through the philosophical baggage, at the same time, trying to discuss relevant stuff, because everything seems to make sense but not especially so. So, it hasn't been that easy. I can't bring to bear the entire repertoire of my knowledge on this module, which can be quite frustrating. But there are outlets anyway, and I'm glad anyway. And the profs are nice people too. So, that's that.
On another note, I need to revise plans for my future. Life as an academic might not be that great, but I guess it depends what kind of academic you are talking about. I would prefer to be an academic working on some real-world problem, solving some kind of thing, spotting some kind of trend, rather than stuck in an office and looking at words, ideas and more ideas. Any job that allows me to do that, I think I'll be quite happy and content. but then again, I'm nowhere near that stage, so I can't really say. I would rather be outside, talking to people, sharing ideas - that kind of stuff they do at TED. Oh well.