more than running, more than gold
I got gold today, and I ran the 2.4km at a surprisingly good timing - one that i didn't even expect myself. So I thank God.
But today I learnt something during the run too. Perhaps it was the bananas - but whatever it was, during the run, stitches came up, and I remember the pace slackened a bit. By then I was running 7.40 and entering into the last round. I could relax - but no.
I decided to push. In earlier runs, I had learnt that in running, all the sensations are a matter of mind. One can push beyond limits should one choose to. So I pushed, ignored the stitch and strided the last stretch.
Pain. But so what? That's what life is, no? Carrying on despite the pains that we might experience, despite everything. And we move on. Because there are things larger than the pains that we feel.
And I guess I learnt that today, I can push on despite pain, despite everything. This realisation... its going to... be useful this semester and for the years ahead.
I love running.
Thanks to friends for encouragement and support! Looking forward to treating people!
Praise God!