something about the NLB
Recently I came across the fact that NLB offered post-graduate scholarships for people to do Masters in Library and Information Sciences (LIS). Which makes me think of taking up that scholarship. At the same time, I've realised that I feel really, really tired about chemistry.
I had thought that I might have the guts to go on to do more advanced chemistry, especially inorganic synthesis, but as I realised what it takes to get there, I'm having serious doubts. Serious enough to make me change to FASS and do sociology/geography.
I was interested in inorganic synthesis, looking at the wonderful arrangement of atoms, especially non-carbon ones. Was thinking of catalysts, self-organising structures... I was hoping that through chemistry, I could segue into environmental and sustainable development stuff, was hoping that inorganic chemistry might be somehow related to it, but the connections are only tenuous, and NUS isn't the best place to pursue them.
So I'm thinking about my other interests, of sharing information, connecting people to information, seeing connections between ideas... I'm thinking thats really what I want to do... the things about sustainable development and all the upcoming exciting technologies - people still have to relate/connect with these information, and I think thats where the bits about information science comes in.
So yeap. Push-pull. Pushed away from chemistry - plain fatigue. Pulled towards NLB, and doing the fun stuff, learning about societies and geographies...
Been feeling quite peaceful actually, after the realisation...