running today...
I was running today, and this little thought came to me.
Now because I'm more of a guy who wants to keep running faster, so I'm a bit competitive about my own running, and the lesson I'm learning is that in running, if you don't keep thinking about speeding up, you will eventually slow down and stop. There's always in us, this reserve ability that we talk to ourselves to NOT use it. But it's in all of us, and this hot afternoon, after five grueling rounds under the not-so-cool sun, I managed to pull off a best lap at the last round. It's always possible to say, 'It's too hot, you're burning up, quit now, you're tired...' but then you can always say something like, 'come on, this is easy...' and off i go...
Now because I'm more of a guy who wants to keep running faster, so I'm a bit competitive about my own running, and the lesson I'm learning is that in running, if you don't keep thinking about speeding up, you will eventually slow down and stop. There's always in us, this reserve ability that we talk to ourselves to NOT use it. But it's in all of us, and this hot afternoon, after five grueling rounds under the not-so-cool sun, I managed to pull off a best lap at the last round. It's always possible to say, 'It's too hot, you're burning up, quit now, you're tired...' but then you can always say something like, 'come on, this is easy...' and off i go...