Sunday, May 25, 2008

i had a long long run today...

I run about 20km today, doing dangerous things because I had only slept like 5hours the previous day, and hadn't really did any warm-up. Basically, there was like, no preparations, and I ended up walking the final 500m. Which goes to show a marathon will really be like an ass to do. Takes tonnes of preparation, and now I don't think I'll bother with earphones and music, after all the entangling I had today. And now my groin, thigh and back are a little bit sore, but everything will be fine. Still gotta buy a laptop haversack and a pair of scandals. Ouch, and my ankle hurts too. Now multiply this by 4 and it will be like how a marathon will hurt. yeah. I think I might just run better without music. Who knows? haha.

I realise that there are some parents who expect affection from their kids simply because they are parents. That would be sad for the kid. Sure, parents deserve affection from their kids simply because the are parents - I really don't deny that, but there are undeserving parents out there who don't love and support their kids emotionally but use their kids's affections to make themselves fill a little more secure, at the expense of the kid. Which sucks. Feeling like an insurance policy for my parents slightly. Like everytime they do something for me it's as if they are paying a premium - or more like an investment. I don't know... I know my parent's wouldn't know what to do without their kids. Its written all over their face everytime they see the grandkids. Kinda makes me feel.... I don't know... irrelevant. But then its a new day and my mum harasses me to go out with her on some errand.


Like they don't want me to stray too far, a little bit fearful they might lose their... insurance/investment policy? I don't know. But my parents are an insecure bunch...

Lord help them.

blog comments powered by Disqus