Thursday, July 24, 2008

i dun wanna be emo no more

I guess all my bitchings about the heavy workload is just that - mere bitchings. I am more interested in other things actually, such as the fact that I unknowingly am assuming some form of acadmic leadership even though I'm not even fully at NUS. which is quite weird, considering there are all those 2nd and 3rd year people who are supposedly to be smarter, more experienced than me in these sort of things. What I think might happen when the actual term starts is that I am going to be some kind of leader in USP, guiding naive kids about the intellectual trends and the real world out there, bursting a lof of their bubbles that they brought with them from JC, and hopefully, to make the world seem a more cheerful place for those scarred with bad NS experiences. I guess thats what intellectual breadth is about - to be able to relate different things to different people, to talk to the arts people about science, to talk about the humanitites with the science dudes. Its a weird responsibility, but its there for a reason...

blog comments powered by Disqus