Thursday, April 24, 2008

stale thoughts again...

I'm now back into a unproductive mode of having gone through another cycle of thoughts. Just a look back, I have only thought of information visualisating systems and about the geopolitical consequence of climate change.

I badly need a place where I can learn and pursue these ideas. But then again, university isn't all about maximising an individual's potential, is it?

I think I know why Singapore is not exactly a hub of innovation. I guess others have picked up on this, but this time, I'm not going to go into the failings of the government or pragmatism. Rather this time, I think I've really gotten it. Singapore's families are really sheltering their kids too much and parents need to learn to let go. I mean, if kids know that they can always fall back on their parents, then they aren't going to nurture instincts of hunger. Thats why enterprising kids are usually those who have gone overseas by themselves, not the kids who stayed at home.

But as usual, what can kids really do about it? I don't know. I guess some people need to go through some kind of personal hell before they amount to anything.

Meanwhile, it took me quite a while, but I know realise that I actually have been living in a nice ideal place which of course, isn't real. So when I enter NUS, I know I'll be in the real world, and it will suck a lot. Oh well.

blog comments powered by Disqus