Wednesday, December 30, 2009

holidays! - How I missed everything and nothing

For lunch today, went to the main campus, got Subway, and went to Chatter to eat, where, as it happens, there were many people, and many activities were going on. Being my usual self in wanting to stick my fingers into every pie (very bad habit), I decided to ask around what people were doing.

As usual, many things were happening all at once, and I was now thinking then, 'wow'. And they seemed to have a lot of fun, being with friends and all. And there, the thought occurs to me that during the holidays, I missed both everything and nothing - I 'missed out' on the fun that others were having with their own friends... but then again, I didn't actually miss anything - time still passes, and I still did what I wanted to do. In making the choices that I made, I didn't miss out any second or minute in life - there was the same amount of time, just spent in a different place, doing soemthing different. I didn't 'miss' doing anything - what I did was what I did, and in so doing, experiencing the moment in time of doing something...

It's going to be the start of another year.

blog comments powered by Disqus