Sunday, January 06, 2008

6th january 2008 the grind of boredom

I have to bring my frisbee, definitely, or else boredom will just overtake me and cause me to... backslide? I guess thats the best fit that matches my situation now. Got so bored, that I started to become depressed a little. Add to the fact that we are like old shirts being shitted on before being thrown away - that doesn't help at all. In addition, the fact that commanders have their balls being squeezed - doesn't do any good. And its sad, a testament to the fact that in Singapore, the people don't matter at all.

Which brings me to my pet peeve, about the fact that there is disgruntlement, about disillusionment, of life in Singapore, that small wonder people want to emigrate out of here all the time. That, despite the pretty high standard of living, despite the material comfort that we enjoy - Singapore is the living proof that material standards of living don't matter at all. There is more to life than having more of something. Its about living fulfilling lives and Singapore is a joke at it.

So far, no word from School of Thought regarding TED. But I hope I'll still get writing assignments. I need the money! Aargh! Hope to be able to work on OLPC someday.

A distant dream: to present at TED? haha.

As for church and stuff... well, I never really knew how deep the rabbit hole went, and now that it's going so deep, I'm a little scared, to say the least. The whole church worldwide is kinda messed up, and... well... that really sucks. I don't know. Sometimes... its just seems tiring to have to commit so much of your life. Obviously you don't become a one-dimensional church person, but it's just taking up so much of your own time... oh well. Thats too darn bad, ain't it?

blog comments powered by Disqus